4 Best Organic Lead Generation Strategies That WorkSep 23, 2023
While you're generating leads organically it's important to use the most effective strategies. This means that you need to use the channels and methods of organic lead gen that will generate the best results in the shortest amount of time. Each of the organic lead generation strategies you'll go through below, have proven to be the highest converting by far.
Organic lead generation strategies aim to attract and convert potential customers naturally, without relying heavily on paid advertising. Here are four of the best organic lead generation strategies that have should help you naturally and organically grow your business over time...
4 Best Organic Lead Generation Strategies
Social Media Marketing
You'll find that the most prominent organic lead generation strategy is one that focuses on social media marketing. Social media is here to stay, and are the #1 foundational platforms for both lead generation and business in general.
With social media marketing there is however a lot of competition, while it is also a very lucrative form of lead generation done organically. Here's a list of ways of using social media marketing for your organic lead generation campaigns.
- Establish a strong presence on social media platforms where your target audience is active.
- Share valuable content, engage with your audience, and participate in industry discussions.
- Use social media advertising selectively to boost the visibility of your organic content.
- Direct message potential leads and customers and provide tangible value to them
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The second most common organic lead generation strategy that has been used since the innovation of the internet, is SEO or search engine optimization. The SEO strategy for organic lead gen is one that can take a lot of time and energy. However, the long term potential for SEO to possibly generate 1000's - 10,000's of leads is truly impactful for any businesses. Here's how to implement SEO for your organic lead generation strategy now...
- SEO is the practice of optimizing your website and content to rank higher in search engine results.
- Perform keyword research to identify relevant keywords and phrases in your industry. Then create articles and pages around these keywords in order to potentially rank in search engines.
- Optimize on-page elements, create high-quality backlinks, and improve website user experience to enhance your search engine rankings.
Cold Outbound Emails & Direct Messages
Cold outbound emails, messages, and texts - can be a formidable form of organic lead generation that actually works. While it takes some fine tuning and optimization to figure out, when done right and in mass, cold outbound lead generation as an organic lead generation method is extremely effective. Here's how you can fine tune this organic based lead generation strategy...
- Build and nurture an email list of interested and qualified leads. Those who both are interested in and can afford your services within reason. Focusing on reaching out to your warmest leads first can be extremely helpful.
- Send targeted and personalized email campaigns to engage and nurture your leads. Cold email and cold direct messages aren't always received well by recipients. This is why you need to make sure your cold outreach is extremely valuable and rewarding, without being to spammy.
- Use segmentation to tailor your email content to specific audience segments. Yes, you want to contact different types of leads based upon the actions they're taking. For example, organic leads that respond to your cold outreach, should get a different type of messaging then those who don't. Since they are engaged, they can be "sold to" more easily .vs. those who haven't even responded.
Podcasts And Media Appearances
One of the fastest organic lead generation strategies you can use to reach a large amount of people fairly quickly, is with podcasts. Both as a podcast guest and as a podcast host, you can easily generate 100,000's of leads with this method. However, it will take time to build up a good enough reputation as a podcast guest or host. The better your reputation, the easier it is to get on shows or to get good guests. Here's more more organic lead strategy concerning using podcasts for lead gen...
- Reach out to as many podcasts related to your industry as possible. Providing value, offering to collaborate, and make it a win for the podcast host to have you on as a guest. The more you present that you want to focus on value for their audience, the easier it will be to generate results and get on podcasts.
- Use a podcast matching service. There are podcast matching services that match up podcasts hosts and guests in order to grow the podcast industry faster. Using these services can help you either find guests or be a guest much easier then normal.
What Is An Example Of An Organic Lead?
When someone viewing a piece of content you made decides to opt-in to a landing page they were directed to from your content, that is an organic lead. To put it more simply, an organic lead is anyone that becomes a lead from any organic content you've created.
Organic leads are generated when someone viewing your content decides they want to click on a link that directs to a landing page of yours and opt-in. Organic leads are generated from a variety of types of content ranging from...
- Articles and blog posts
- Social media posts
- Search engines
Which Organic Lead Generation Strategy Is The Best Overall?
While there are many different organic lead generation strategies you can use in your businesses lead generation efforts, there is 1 organic lead gen strategy that is the most effective.
Social media marketing is by far the best organic lead generation strategy. Why? There are many reasons, and a few of them include...
- The potential to go viral: When you generate enough views and attention you can have posts or articles on social media that generate millions of views.
- Easy to use platforms that you are already familiar with: There are no "hard skills" you need to learn to post regular content on Facebook or LinkedIn. Yes, it takes time to learn how to resonate content well with your audience, but even "normal content" can do extremely well.
- Brand recognition: Yes, your businesses audience does look at your social media followings and activity in order to determine if you're a good match to do business with. Keep this in mind if you're not currently taking advantage of social media marketing as an organic lead generation strategy.
All of the above organic lead generation strategies, when executed well, can help you attract, engage, and convert organic leads into paying customers. It's important to adapt these methods to your specific industry, target audience, and business goals while regularly measuring and optimizing your efforts for the best results. Staying up to date with industry trends and changes in algorithms can help you maintain the effectiveness of your organic lead generation strategies over time.
Use many of these strategies at once in order to reach an even broader audience and brand awareness for your business. The best businesses focus on omnipresent organic marketing in order to reach as many potential leads and customers alike.
With our kindest regards,
Jon Weberg & The Profitalize Team